5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Test Engineer
Position Number: 270150
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Desired Skill Set:
Agile, C++, CMMI, SDLC
Job Title: Business Analyst
Start Date: 12/04/2017
End Date: 12/03/2018
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
Software Unit Test Engineer
Summary: This position will be responsible for writing and maintaining unit tests using VectorCAST.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Read, understand, and evaluate C++ code files for unit test.
2) Plan unit test strategy for individual units under test.
3) Create environments and write unit tests for UUT using VectorCAST.
4) Analyze test results for potential bugs.
5) Run existing unit tests against updated code file and update for regressions as appropriate.
6) Work withdeveloper to design functional unit tests where appropriate.
1) Firm understanding of C++ including Template classes.
2) A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g., SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile).
3) Experience with embedded or application software development.
4) Be passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good processes and best practices.
5) Ability to discuss normally encountered technical or project management issues, both verbally and in written form.
6) Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
7) Desired: Experience with unit tests tools / techniques (e.g. VectorCAST / LDRA)
8) Desired: Experience with medical device software engineering disciplines (e.g., software development environments, configuration management tools, code inspection techniques and tools, testing methods and test management tools).
Background and/or Experience: B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, Software Engineering or related field and 5 – 8-year related experience.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.