Under the general direction of Test Engineering Manager or Test Engineer III, responsibility for development of manual and automated testing systems which include electrical design, automation software development, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects, including documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- System design: specifying and carrying out development of new test systems from concept through acceptance.
- Circuit design; using sound theoretical and analytics using circuit simulators (such as PSPICE or equivalent electronic analysis tools), schematic capture and circuit board layout using an integrated design tool such as Altima or ORCAD.
- Through use of LabVIEW, maintain software using techniques of source control. Ability to comment code for maintainability. Provide theory of operations.
- Submit to design reviews for hardware and software as well as documentation packages consisting of schematics, production procedures and calibration procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with internal/external customers to facilitate problem identification/resolution. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on design and/or test system repair concepts through a diverse subject matter as well as with company employees and customers.
- Work with technicians to train them in testing, troubleshooting and any other manner of technical expertise.
- Participate in the direction of work assigned to project teams. Ability to obtain/maintain security clearance. Ability to work and interface effectively as part of a team. Maintain records, data and other pertinent information. Research a variety of technical information and historical background data as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, broad knowledge of electrical/electronics, software and mechanical systems.
- Documentation including the use of MS Office, e-mail and common practices in developing refined work or test procedures.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive related experience.
- Difficult work on highly technical or involved projects, presenting new or constantly changing problems. Duties require outstanding judgment, initiative, creativity and latitude, and ability to deal with complex factors and ideas not easily evaluated and the making of decision based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- May have immediate leadership/supervision over a project team where the majority of time is spent assigning, reviewing, checking work, and eliminating ordinary difficulties.
- No supervision is involved most of the time.
- Making of decision based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- MUST be US Citizen