5 - 7 years experience • Automotive
Our client is a single-source provider of fully integrated facility, equipment, and controls solutions, serving a Fortune 500 client base around the world is seeking a Test Engineer with engine/vehicle testing and/or facilities experience and acoustics/vibration experience and is interested in a rewarding career in a fast-paced, team environment.
This individual will provide assistance with test equipment integration, specification, procurement, installation, and/or commissioning.
- Work with clients and vendors to specify, procure, and manage the design/delivery of major test equipment, including instrumentation, dynamometers, and data acquisition systems.
- Schedule and manage vendors and sub-contractors during installation and commissioning phases of test facility projects.
- Obtain, review, and report on test equipment quotations, proposals, and technical submissions.
- Will work with owners and test cell operators to complete performance verification of test engine or vehicle test cells.
- Sound and vibration testing and analysis including spectral analysis, dynamic analysis, data acquisition, instrumentation, digital signal analysis, and/or structure borne noise mitigation.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with automotive product, system testing, or development.
- An understanding of engine subsystems and their interaction as it impacts engine performance and emissions.
- Understanding of acoustic and vibration testing standards is preferred.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities with several overnight stays (up to 30%), nationally and overseas, for design meetings, equipment installation supervision and commissioning.
- Problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, team player, takes initiative to improve personal skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
They offer annual bonuses; excellent benefits including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.