A re you an Engineer who would rather spend your time in the lab being hands-on creative, designing and developing than sitting in front of a computer all day Are you always up for a good puzzle and have a desire to figure out how thing work Do you look for excellence in the products you’re a part of creating If your answers are YES, you could be a great addition to Linkabit!
We’ll put your exploratory skills to the test (pun intended!) and encourage you to look at the big picture, ask questions and make our products better. We’ll provide the stimulating work, you’ll provide the meaningful results and we’ll all reap the rewards!
As a Test Engineer with Linkabit, you will beresponsible for planning and executing the verification and characterization of our communication products under development.
This includes designing formal test procedures and test plans frominternal product design documentation as well as from external certification requirements; assisting in theinvestigation and root cause analysis of functional and performance failures that are discovered during hardware, software, and integration testing; transitioning products from design to certification, as well as from design through production; converting data collected during testing into consumable status and formalreports; and developing test automation software to accomplish testing in a repeatable and dependable fashion.
- 7+ years' experience related to systems integration and testing of communication (wired or wireless) products. We will consider Engineers from staff level (at least 7 years of experience) to principal level (at least 11 years of experience).
- 3+ years' designing formal test procedures and test plans from internal product design documentation as well as from external certification requirements
- 3+ years' experience developing test automation.
- Experience with project planning and execution of those plans.
- 3+ years' experience with RFcircuit, digitalcircuit and internet-protocol test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- 3+ years scriptinglanguage experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- US citizenship. Applicants may be subject to a securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Active Secret level clearance is preferred.
- Up to 25% travel.
- 3+ years' experience with wireless communication standards and testing of SATCOM modems/terminals
- Master’s degree.