DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise solutions and services, including mobile strategy, mobile UX and app solutions, omni-channel commerce, mobile brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure mobile device, app and data management. The company’s commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices all around the world. The company has been named one of the Top 2014 Workplaces in the Washington DC area by the Washington Post, and has been awarded Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US.
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Test Engineer - Journeyman.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements manual test tools and strategies.
- Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades manual test cases and architectures for application products. Also implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
Duties and Responbilities:.
Under direction of the Delivery Manager, provide manual IT testing services as defined in the position description. Collaborate with service line personnel and stakeholders to provide IT solutions conforming to established quality standards.
- BA/BS AND 6 years comparable experience;
- MA/MS (or Industry Standard Certification)
- 2 years comparable experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Applies fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
- Performs work that requires practical experience and training.
- Work is performed under supervision.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; basic understanding of software development and testing; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of contemporary IT testing terminology helpful
- experience in a team-oriented setting beneficial
- self-motivation and ability to focus on intricate tasks very desirable.
Job ID 2017-14469