Using a wide degree of creativity and latitude, this position is responsible for design, development, calibration, testing, implementation, and analysis of new or existing circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies. The Test Engineer will also work collaboratively with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop on-going expertise in the hardware circuits, firmware, and logic of ODT hardware.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products, testability, and procedures.
- Perform non-routine tasks ensuring product development and production quality standards.
- Prepare reports documenting all aspects of the design and recommendations for procedural changes and compliance regulations.
- Design, test and build fixtures and PCB's for manufacturing, compliance testing, and environmental testing.
- Develop user interface for custom test platforms using Visual Studio.
- Participate in team or individual projects.
- Perform qualification testing for new products.
- Maintain test fixtures and software.
- Calibrate specialty equipment.
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Represent the Omron Guiding Principles through interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in VB.net or C# preferred.
- 2-5 years working with motion controllers, PLC hardware, and Data Acquisition Systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaboration, team building and development skills.
- Advanced problem solving, logic, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, resourceful, and able to take initiative.
- Proficient working knowledge of test equipment, DMM, oscilloscopes, power supplies, data acquisition equipment.