$80K — $100K *
Supervises the design and build of a test rig to support R&D product development. Including project scheduling, planning test programs, design, maintenance, calibration, and repair of test equipment and fixtures. Write and execute CPAEXs.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Formulates detailed technical projects and procedures to test company products and new products for the R&D group.
• Designs, specifies materials of construction and purchases components for specialized test equipment used to evaluate company products.
• Plans, assigns and coordinates project schedules and equipment utilization, including estimating man‑hour requirements.
• Researches, devises and develops improved technical methods and procedures.
• Writes, reviews, and edits technical reports using Microsoft Office® and Adobe Acrobat®.
• Researches and procures new materials for Lab evaluation as to their suitability for use in company products lines. Maintains inventory records.
• Makes recommendations on seal designs, materials of construction and manufacturing methods that result in cost savings or improve the competitive position and profitability of the company.
• Plans and coordinates Engineering Support group tests with Materials and Chemical Laboratory tests when required for major programs.
• Complete basic instrumentation wiring circuits.
• Design adapting hardware using current CAD programming.
• Provide PLC programming support and troubleshooting, change programming to reflect testing requirements.
• Assists in investigation of capital equipment appropriations. Assists in controlling the department budget.
• Supports and complies with company's ISO-9001 policies.
• Capable of troubleshooting and taking corrective action for test rig failure.
• Ability to coordinate work activities with other employees.
• Additional duties as assigned
Valid through: 10/27/2020