Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Persons employed in this position are responsible for but not limited to supplying comprehensive test engineering support for research and development and production programs to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Design Test Solutions for new products.
- Designing of suitable jigs in a mechanical capacity.
- Schematic Design for interface and controls inside jigs
- Designing, writing and supporting Test Software to automate production test
- Develop programs in C# .NET, Python, and VB 6.0 for test system development
- Provide Documentation involving design, requirements, and operator instructions
- Support production requirements
- Write various applications supporting product rework
- Manage and support sub contract manufacturer
- Produce suitable jigs design documents from product requirements specifications, and effectively communicate those designs to colleagues and managers.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design to meet customer needs for finished products.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- 5 years or more experience in C#/.NET development as it relates to product test and manufacturing.
- Experience with National Instruments hardware, and data acquisition
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Possess some limited knowledge of new product development processes and work flow - Possess a working knowledge of some SBU product lines
- Experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams - Basic knowledge of a particular technical area
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering, Software Engineering, or similar
- 2-5 years professional experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability