What you will do:
- Design and build test equipment to perform product tests to evaluate software, hardware, circuit boards, optics systems and other components. Creates and supports test hardware and software that ensure components, sub-assemblies, sub-systems and systems meet design verified performance during manufacturing and service. Conceptualizes designs, develops, verifies, validates, documents, implements and supports custom product functional test or engineering lab analysis test equipment and test beds. Designs or selects both hardware and software using multiple engineering software tools or industry standard codes.
- Perform internal and external test installation and transfers, training, test repeatability and reproducibility planning and reporting. Defines, schedules and performs test calibration, preventative maintenance, performance testing and repairs. Defines and uses engineering lab test instruments and tools in support of product and test problem solving.
- Support released custom test fixtures internally and in supply chain as single point of contact. Responds to test issues in production pipeline for assigned equipment.
- Coordinate with research & development, product support engineering, supply chain and other areas to ensure testing is integrated into the product development/change/production/failure analysis process. Works on teams from new product concept to end of life with focus on improving the customer experience and manufacturing metrics. Coordinates with operations, service, lines of business and other areas for assigned projects and test responsibilities for new projects, continuous improvement and business continuity.
- Develop acceptance criteria to determine whether a product has passed a test, is functioning properly and is delivering accurate results. Provides technical expertise support for product and test bed root cause identification and solution options with verification.
- Analyze and tests products used by customers, as well as internal Company production instruments and test equipment.
What you will bring:
3+ years basic test engineering experience. Bachelor’s degree (Electrical Engineering preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired.
In addition, you will have:
- Experience with LabVIEW, TestStand, C/C++, other programming languages such as Visual Studio (VB, C#), JAVA and Python would be a plus.
- Experience with computer hardware and operating systems (Linux, W2K/XP/7/W10), communication and bus protocols (RS232, CAN, USB1/2/3, Firewire, PXI/VXI, etc.), networking (Ethernet, CAN, and topologies) and network equipment (routers, switches, hubs, etc.).
- Electrical engineering skills including AC/DC circuits and component selection, power, signal analysis, microprocessors, FPGA’s, motion control, optics and light.
- Skill in problem-solving and knowledge with mathematical and analytical techniques.
- Experience with schematic entry software (OrCAD Capture, PADS Logic). Experience with circuit board layout and CAD tools would be a plus (PADS Layout, Allegro Solidworks). Proficient with MS Office software suite, JMP, Visio, Adobe, etc.
- Experience with analytical measurement tools: Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Function/Waveform Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Source Analyzers, meters and multi-meters, etc.
- Capable in component, assembly/dis-assembly, repair skills for: electro-mechanical assemblies, cables, power, commercial test and measurement equipment, custom designed test systems, Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs), fluidics, optics standalone or embedded in test equipment.
- Capable of generating functional block and timing diagrams, circuit schematics, engineering drawings for cables, mechanical, sub-assembly, sub-systems and assemblies.
- Skilled in Printed Circuit Board (PCB), PCBA design with Gerber/CAD output.
- Generating need, goal and objectives, requirements, product and test concepts and architecture.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 compliant organization preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis, problem identification and statements, problem solving processes (Six Sigma) and solution identification, verification and validation.
- Demonstrated interaction skills and collaborative work with all levels of internal and external individuals, both technical and non-technical. Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to technical and non-technical teams.
- Technical writing skills and an ability to create test plans, reports, SOPs and Work Instructions that are accurate and understandable by all technical levels.
- Self-organizing with prioritization abilities in a rapid event technical environment.