General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to assist the test engineering staff in planning and executing testing of various ALRE (Advanced Launching and Recovery Equipment) products. The individual filing for the Test Support position will interact with technical staff and report to the test managers. The tests that the individual will be required to support range from production and factory acceptance tests, system and component level requirements verification tests combined with operational tests, lifecycle tests, environmental and electromagnetic tests.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies technical knowledge to develop concepts and plans for test systems and programs.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve Test engineering problems related to pulse power systems.
- Translate system or product requirements into verification tests and instructions.
- Participate in establishing design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for testing.
- Create and update Test procedures and assist sub-contractors in design and execution of various tests on pulse power system electronics.
- Lead efforts to install and set-up instrumentation in Tupelo, MS.
- Conduct testing and verification as directed by the Test Director / Manager.
- Take a lead role when needed to execute and direct system and subsystem test operations.
- Provide technical direction to staff engineers, technicians, and subcontractors.
- Troubleshoot test systems, equipment and test procedures as needed.
- Analyze test data and prepare collected data for creation of test reports.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for adhering to all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Working knowledge in the operation and testing of High Power Electrical Equipment and pulse power systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical subsystem and system level testing and some experience with board level tests.
- Hands on experience testing power electronic equipment.
- Experience in writing technical documents such as test procedures and test reports.
- Experience in communicating technical information to peers and to customers.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading or guiding a team independently.
- Working knowledge of Power Electronics in the area of power conditioning and storage and experience conducting tests in a development and production environment.
- Have a desire to work with automated instrumentation in a fast paced production environment.
- Working knowledge of industry software packages used for testing and controls. Labview, C-Sharp, or equivalent is required.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance, if needed, is required.