Requires conceptual knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts within a discipline. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Work will be frequently reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
5% - Training in both company processes, launch vehicle systems and related test engineering tasks.
30% - Authoring and assisting senior test engineers in the development of test plans and procedures.
60% - Participating in subsystem level testing, data review, troubleshooting and corrective action.
5% - Assisting senior test engineers in generating review packages.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Excellent mechanical skills and the ability to read and interpret procedures, wiring diagrams, and electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Compliance to quality and safety policies at all times.
- Must be able to operate basic electronic test equipment (i.e., oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, signal generators, Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.) and capable of learning the operation of specialized support equipment for subsystem level testing and troubleshooting.
- Must satisfactorily complete ESD training.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Solid computer skills and experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Position requires working occasional overtime and weekends, as necessary, to meet critical scheduledates. Position also requires to travel to support test activities.
- Experience with RF hardware, measuring and testing.
- Test/Troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with specialized environmental test equipment such as vibration tables, altitude and thermal chambers, etc.
- Working knowledge of EVMS as related to government contracts and reporting requirements.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Experience in handling flight hardware and ordnance.