- Reviews and reports on test results through engineering reports and written correspondence to ensure timely and effective communication with supervisors and peers.
- Management of small capital project pursuits (<$100k).
- Applies knowledge in area of expertise to develop, correlate, and implement new test methods.
- Plan and execute the activities for identifying, procuring, installing, and debugging new test equipment and data acquisition systems with specialized sensors and signal conditioning. Develop and apply the technical and diagnostic skills to verify functionality of test equipment.
- Learns and applies technical skills related to mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems toward establishing new test methods and supporting new product development activities.
- Creates technical project plans and oversees the validation activities for new testing concepts. Reports test results in a clear and concise manner, and makes design recommendations.
- Improves existing testing systems and processes.
- Actively pursues changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques. Suggests alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
- Understands the engineering methodologies within the division as well as other departments and their relationship to engineering. Participates in providing the creation, implementation and administration of departmental SOP’s and work instructions in order to build and promote a team environment for product introduction, development and support activities.
- Stays abreast of latest industry trends in area of expertise with the idea of incorporating latest technologies into the product development process.
- Cost related areas the incumbent is involved in, directly and indirectly are: capital expenditures, expense purchases, maintenance and inventory costs. The incumbent is expected to be an active participant in the effective application and or management of each.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Experience with embedded software
- Strong knowledge of supercharger and/or differential testing
- Ability to use CAD program for fixture design and development
- Experience developing data acquisition and control systems using National Instruments and MATLAB respectively
- Knowledge and experience with Vector tools, i.e. CANape and Canalyzer
- Experience writing clear and concise test procedures and SOPs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Requisition ID: 035145