The Test Engineer is responsible for the introduction of newly developed products into full production. This involves working with the product design engineering team to develop design verification test plans, acceptance test procedures, qualification test procedures and automated test software. They would also design and coordinate the procurement of test equipment and cables and train Production Technicians in the use of each procedure. Test Engineers also support production line flowing. The Test Engineer must be capable of multitasking and efficiently utilizing Engineering Technicians to assist workflow.
- Develop programs with a high level programming language (Visual Basic, LabVIEW, etc).
- Create design verification test plans.
- Create production level test procedures for embedded systems and circuit cards for embedded systems and circuit cards.
- Design test boxes and cables for production test stations.
- Use lab test equipment (i.e. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters).
- Understand electrical and mechanical engineering principles.
- Take ownership of a project with minimal supervision.
- Multitask with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively in a team environment with a diverse group of development engineers, test engineers, engineering technicians and manufacturing technicians.
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of test engineering.
- Experience using networking tools such as Wireshark
- Experience or good understanding of networktechnology (i.e. Ethernet, IP)
- Experience of working with a variety of interfaces, i.e. RS232/422, IEEE-1394b, Fibre Channel, PCM, Ethernet 100/1000BT + 10G.
- Experience working with Fiber Optics.
- Linux command line experience a plus
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.