Job Title: Test Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This position requires the incumbent to use knowledge of engineering and testing principles to conduct tests and document technical results related to performance of existing products and development of new ones, in both laboratory and field environments.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply basic engineering principles to the testing of structural and mechanical components.
- Document test parameters and results to ensure accuracy and repeatability through test reports, customer reports, and maintenance of test data databases.
- Collaborate with engineering personnel to ensure proper collection of required test information and to trouble-shoot problems with components, equipment, and/or software.
- Work with engineers and other personnel to analyze test results and determine if design meets functional and performance specifications and to suggest design modifications as required.
- Design and prepare models, detailed drawings and schematics of test fixtures, circuits, etc. Coordinate manufacturing and/or building and installation of test fixtures, circuits, etc.
- Participate in or arrange for maintenance and repair of test equipment (e.g. MTS).
- Use computer aided engineering and design software.
- Use electronic data acquisition and control systems for testing purposes.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read, analyze, and understand complex technical documents. Able to write reports and technical documentation, including test reports and procedures.
- Able to apply and understand mathematical principles necessary for the collection, interpretation, checking, and presentation of test results.
- Able to understand the operation of complex mechanical devices and function of structural components related to testing and performance evaluation of the same.
- Computer Skills: Word processing, Spreadsheets, E-mail, CAD/CAM software, Database software, Electronic data collection, analysis, and control software.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Formal degree certificate or other documentation supporting experience and/or training.
- This position may direct technical personnel in the setup and operation of tests, field installation procedures or field inspections.