Candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection (DHS/CBP) by providing technical insight related to resolving issues, planning, organizing, documenting, and directing all activities associated system component tests and test plans. The candidate must be able to plan system tests, evaluations, and/or characterizations including determination of test procedures, test limits, and instrumentation. He/she will work as a member of a small specialized team to execute full life-cycle system development support in a rapid development environment, and will provide consultative services to AMO’s (Air and Marine Operations) management staff.
Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, designs, plans, implements, tests, automates, documents, and maintains solutions for the integration and testing of in-house developed
- Serves as a Project Engineer or Team Leader for complex and highly advanced sensor and antenna systems.
- Develop complete test solutions across the product lifecycle, for functional and parametric validation of device sensor performance. Manage device testing at system level (end to end assembly), mechanical level (all mechanical assemblies) and SMT.
- Collaborate with Design/Engineering teams to design product specifications and implement validation. Manage, fixture design and development, system integration and implementation.
- Provide feedback and solutions to cross functional engineering and operations teams. Make recommendations to design and test coverage improvement of systems or sensors.
- Perform parametric data collection, correlation to improve yield and serve as point of contact for Software Engineering teams. Drive to closure potential test gaps and correlation issues between ours and vendors manufacturing processes.
- Work with the Engineering team to define test coverage and test fixture requirements. Conduct maintenance of all factory test stations including (production) test stations before/after testing.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases (this may include working with aircrews to develop flight plans).
- Report test result and give technical feedback for the product improvement.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Test software and systems and report deficiencies
- Provides engineering capabilities for system design
- Provide consultative services to AMO’s management staff
- Evaluates contractors' technical proposals. Assembles and integrates the technical portions of proposals and system plans, utilizing inputs from other engineering specialists.
- Assesses the technical suitability of candidate systems where specifications do not exist or are inadequate.
- Represents the organization in collaboration with other organizations, including functional counterparts, DHS S&T, other federal agencies, industry partners and academia.
- Evaluate and interpret results from statistical analysis tools and coverage analysis programs.
- Utilizes latest MATLAB and GIS software, desktop technology, conferencing technology, and Microsoft Office or comparable software to execute daily work functions.
- Travel may be required (Domestic/Foreign)EDUCATION:
- B.S. degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressive experience in electronic or software detailed design or system design - required
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to attain US Government Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CBP Background Investigation.
- At least two or more years material handling/planning experience in support of Government programs - not required but preferred
- Innovative thinking and strong analytical and problem solving skills to deal with complex situations.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills including effective presentation skills and the ability to write and edit technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to set clearly defined objectives and to plan activities/projects well in advance, taking into account possible changing circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external counterparts.
- Ability to keep abreast of technological developments.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Req #: 134074