Alltech is an award winning provider of IT services with nationwide project capabilities. Since 1994, Alltech’s focus on quality support to the Federal Government and Government Integrators has led it to become a leader in the Federal Services marketplace.
Alltech is seeking a Test Engineer to join our team in Hanover, MD.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI FS Poly is Required!
Testing of iOS and Android based systems Test documentation to include, but is not limited to, Test Plans and End of Test Reports. Testing should be in accordance with government software testing standards.
- Five (5) years of experience as a TE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Component and integration testing and documentation. Software testing experience with at least five years overall industry experience in software, hardware and integration testing
- Validate software requirements through analysis, inspection, software code review, integration testing, ad hoc testing, internal verification and acceptance testing.
- Proficient in understanding requirements, design specification and testing strategy to: perform ambiguity analysis, perform risk analysis, establish testing priorities and scope, develop testing strategy, review testing strategy, validate requirements and specifications, develop test plans, review test plans, develop test scenarios, select test design techniques and develop testing metrics collection plan in order to plan and prepare for testing
- Evaluate and validate test cases
- Develop and validate test specifications
- The ability to be able to write detailed test plans
- Must understand scenario and script development and requirement s traceability for full system integration test
- Ability to develop and execute automated test scripts
- Ability to use continuous integration tools
- Have a "Test to Break" attitude with the ability to take the point of view of an end user
- Ensuring functional and technical requirements testing, performance testing, system interface testing and security testing are being planned for and executed
- Interacts with project teams and clients to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and testing objectives for a project as a basis for determining testing requirements
- Understands and recommends the use of the appropriate automated testing tools
- Document test equipment requirements and configure test equipment as required for specialized testing
- Conduct hardware and software acceptance tests with Customer representatives
- Provide collection, tracking and reporting test metrics to brief senior leadership on test status
- Understand processes of software development
- Solid experience as lead tester in small teams
- Ability to provide mentoring to more junior members of the test team
- Proficient in modern testing and development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work efficiently in team setting
- (U//FOUO) Must be a self-starter with the ability to pick up and learn new products with little supervision.