The Test Engineer Consultant II, provides Test execution on an Agile projects, focusing on the creation/ execution of functional and automated test scripts for medium to complex projects, Database validation and web services testing. Develops the test strategy as a quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, and defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created.
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities – prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning, release planning and backlog refinement
- Decompose stories to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for medium to complexity projects
- Testing websites in a J2EE environment across multiple browsers, testing web-services using SOAP UI, backend processing and data validation utilizing SQL / Oracle
- Designing, coding and documenting automated test cases within a defined framework to ensure quality of our product.
- Translating existing manual regression test cases into automated tests using Selenium.
- Evolving automated test framework to achieve higher test throughout, with increased accessibility and test execution flexibility
- Create an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered, particularly for automated testing
- Create automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Review, Analyze, Document and Manage bugs/issues accurately and clearly
- Work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external Development and Testing Teams
- Ability to work in a very fast paced development organization
• 2+ years of software testing experience with atleast 2+ years of experience in Agile Scrum
• 2+ years of experience in testing Web Services using SOAP UI or any other open source tools
• 2+ years of Database validation using SQL
• 1+ years of Test Automation development using Selenium
- Agile planning tool - JIRA
- Programming experience in Java, automation tool such as Selenium
- Continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Insurance and Telematics experience is a plus