Job Description :
Candidate will be responsible for overall ownership of a specific aircraft during test activities. This includes overall oversight of the technical activities to provide for efficient/effective test execution and for management of the flight risks during test execution.
The Aircraft Test Director (ATD) is the primary point of contact when their assigned aircraft is in flight status. The ATD must work closely with the Chief of Flight Test for program direction to ensure tasks are aligned with program objectives.
The ATD in turn must also work closely with the assigned Aircraft Manager to ensure their assigned aircraft meets the intended flight rates while remaining in full compliance with maintenance and inspection requirements.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
The successful candidate:
- Must have the ability to obtain a US DoD government security clearance.
- Must have 3-5 years of flight science test experience.
- Must have demonstrated Project Management skills.- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have prior team leadership experience and excellent team building skills.
- Must have demonstrated adherence to all safety rules and regulations as they pertain to aircraft flight and maintenance operations.
- Broad knowledge of helicopter flight line operations is preferred. Additional Information:
- Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.- Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).- Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
This position will be primarily located in Patuxent River, MD and is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter test program, which is currently planned to start Q2 2017* and end in Q3 2019.
The employee will initially begin this assignment working at the Development Flight Center in Jupiter, FL until approximately Q2 2017 when the program transitions to Patuxent River.
At the conclusion of the CH-53K helicopter test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the Development Flight Center to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions. *Based on current test planschedule.