Under limited supervision designs, develops and maintains test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review circuit board designs for testability requirements.
- Support manufacturing with failure analysis, tester debugging, reduction of intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment.
- Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through to initial production.
- Generate reports and analysis of test data, prepares documentation and recommendations.
- Review test equipment designs, data and RMA issues with customers regularly.
- Design, and direct engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
- Direct and coordinate engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, record, and reduce test data.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
- Direct and exercise control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
- Perform moderately complex assignments of the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
- Analyze and interpret test data and prepares technical reports for use by test engineering and management personnel.
- Develop or use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on machinery and equipment.
- Typically assigned to develop test specifications and test solutions of low to medium complexity
- Test solution development tasks are done according to budget and schedule commitments from the test solution quotes
- The tasks comprising a test solution development may include, but are not limited to, Design For Test (DFT), design, assembly, debug, validation, deployment, and emergency support of electrical hardware, mechanical hardware, optical hardware and software.
- Electrical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
- GPIB, USB and RS-232 controlled equipment
- PXI and LXI based test equipment
- Design of custom circuitry implemented in custom circuit boards and cables
- Mechanical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) chamber racks
- Bench-test setups
- 19′ equipment racks
- Custom automated high-throughput fixtures with probe fields, and top, bottom, and side mounted pneumatically actuated modules.
- Software and compilers typically includes, but is not limited to:
- LabWindows/CVI, LabView and TestStand
- C#, ANSI C and Visual C++
- Visual Basic
- Assembly for Motorola and Intel microcontrollers and microprocessors
- HTML, PERL, ASP and custom scripting languages.
- Software for Agilent 3070, GenRad ICT and other MDA platforms
- Test development sites develop solutions for several test processes including, but not limited to:
- In-Circuit test (ICT) and Manufacturing Defect Analyzer (MDA)
- Boundary Scan/ JTAG
- Board-level functional test
- System test
- The process of developing test solutions includes, but is not limited to:
- Test development (OrCAD, AutoCAD, FabMaster and other software development tools listed above)
- Project tracking (action items, journals, time entry, milestones, and deliverables checklists)
- Test solution design guidelines (global fixture specification, schematic design requirements)
- Design reviews (Initial and post-installation)
- Documentation package templates (test specification, BOM’s, tester validation, etc… )
- Perform semi-routine technique development and maintenance, subject to established Jabil standards, including ISO and QS development standards.
- May provide training in new procedures to production testing staff.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelors of Science in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university
Plus 3 – 5 years experience