We are looking for Test Development Engineer ? with ATE? for our client in Grand Rapids, MI
Job Title: Test Development Engineer ? with ATE?
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Experience level - 5-7Years
- The ?Test Development Engineer will design, develop and implement automatic test equipment and test programs for design verification, hardware qualification, and production testing.
- This will include the design of electronic circuits and writing test software to attain full test automation.
- The person will maintain, support and develop all production test procedures and equipment on site and in other locations abroad.
- Specify and design new production test equipment by understanding new products in Development.
- Work closely with the R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering teams.
- Create test design documentation including test specifications, drawings and verification plans.
- Coordinate with sub-contractors to implement production testing and training of local support personnel.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including hands-on debug of test systems.
- Contribute to project plans and provide periodic status/metrics.
- Manage own time and assigned resources to meet schedule, cost, and quality objectives.
- Generate test software in National Instruments ??TestStand/LabVIEW.
- Contribute to the company?s production engineering objectives regarding new product introduction, process improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks
- consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1yearexperience in design of production test equipment or other related electronics product or equipment design
- Experience in developing tests for automatic execution.
- Experience in the complete test development life cycle of products.
- Experience in product production and manufacturing techniques and processes (e.g. Lean,Kaizen, 5S).
- Experience with National Instruments products (e.g. TestStand, LabWindows CVI andLabVIEW).
- Familiarity with one or more software languages (e.g. C++, C#)
- Familiarity with design capture tools for schematics, bill of materials and CAD drawings
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to manage priorities and manage task performance.
- Able to work well across disciplines and departments.
- ATE (Automated Test Equipment), ATE System HW, LabVIEW, LabWindows, Test Stand