The Test Developer is part of a team responsible for the development and implementation of exams in the company’s various computer-based testing platforms for the certification and education markets. The role of a Test Developer involves regular interaction with clients and various internal departments including Account Management, Project Management, Client Services, IT, Psychometrics, and Test Scoring. The Test Developer will be expected to become a subject matter expert in PSI proprietary item authoring and test delivery software. This individual will be responsible for completing project planning, managing assigned clients and timelines, maintaining exam database, assembling exams, facilitating client meetings, completing quality control prior to publishing new exam forms. This role requires strong communication skills as well as keen attention to detail.
- Manage multiple project and client assignments, timelines, deliverables, and milestones.
- Create and maintain tickets to track project workflow and progress.
- Manage item databases, including editing items and defining item bank needs.
- Assemble test forms that meet prescribed criteria and document those results.
- Perform quality control for the publication of exams to ensure they meet company/client standards.
- Direct and facilitate client meetings while documenting committee actions, navigating testing software, and maintaining test specifications; travel is often required.
- Communicate with clients in timely manner.
- Provide test development expertise in all facets related to client item databases and exams to ensure all problems and solutions are vetted appropriately.
- Maintain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of testing software.
- Support other Test Developers with tasks related to exam development including proofreading, database maintenance, and quality control.
- Coordinate with other departments.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Detail oriented, accurate, and quality conscious
- Ability to follow instructions carefully and thoroughly
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Excellent proofreading skills (This role does not involve writing exam content.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with database management preferred
- Ability to accurately type a minimum of 60 words per minute