Job Title: Test Design Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Fargo, ND
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project.
- Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Develops recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors before implementation.
- Duties: Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
?Required Skill Set:
- 1st Shift Design new and enhance existing test systems for robust electronics intended for on/off road vehicles and harsh environments.
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, design, programming, debugging, hardware integration and verification.
- Perform tasks, with some supervision, to meet quality, delivery and cost goals. Operate in a team environment, providing guidance to design solutions and actively participating in design reviews.
- Create and review innovative HW/SW testing architectures and designs for challenging problems with some peer guidance or supervision.
- Implement code with basic usage of Labview development practices and tools.
- Solve integration issues that involve multiple code modules, code bases, and/or multiple developers.
- Employ independent troubleshooting strategies; quickly determine root cause with some support from others Required Skills, Knowledge, & Relevant Work Experience
- 2+ years of experience in Labview or other equivalent programming languages
- 2+ years Experience with Data Acquisition systems (DAQ) and other basic hardware systems
- Technical experience using and understand schematics and circuit analysis tools (Pspice, MathCAD)
- Experience with development and debugging tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.)
- Good written and verbal communications skills (English) Desired Skills, Knowledge & Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in PV&V testing and Power Electronics
- Experience with communication protocols (i.e. CAN, Ethernet, USB, etc.)
- MathCAD, Orcad, Pspice experience
- Experience in statistical analysis (SPC, GR&R, Monte Carlo, etc.)
- Electronics manufacturing testing experience