Alstom has an opening for a Test and Commissioning Engineer in Chicago Illinois. As a Test and Commissioning Engineer, you will support CTA train control systems installation, test and commissioning activities in field environments.
As a Test and Commissioning Engineer, you will also be capable to:
- Perform system test activities such as breakdown tests, operational and system level tests. Conduct tests in compliance with company standards, project requirements, relevant test procedures, safety standards.
- Use of test fixtures and follow functional test procedures.
- Identify operational and technical problems and assist in practical solutions and improvements to system design when appropriate.
- Interface with customers, consultants and installation contractors, as needed.
- Act as Lead T&C engineer in directing other test personnel.
- Perform installation and testing of field modifications. This may be performed on "live" circuits and on new or existing equipment.
- Assist in the installation and test of factory and field modifications. This may be performed on "live" circuits and on new or existing equipment; Assist in the installation and adjustment of various signaling equipment (switch machine, trip stops, track circuits, code systems, Carborne etc).
- Accurately complete test documentation, data sheets, marking plans, expense reports, daily logs, lost time and discrepancy reports.
- Maintain location plans to reflect the "as installed or as tested" condition of locations under test.
- Must maintain highest regard for safety, fail safeness, system reliability and system integrity.
- Bachelor degree in technical discipline or 8+ years equivalent of related experience testing train control systems
- 5-7 years of related experience with electronics/ electrical background
- Previous hands-on experience with test equipment (VOMs, DMMs, voltage meters, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, digital multimeters and signal generators)
- Working knowledge of signaling products and "vital" and "non-vital" circuit concepts
- Proven railway safety awareness
- Proven "trouble shooting" skills for problem identification and resolution
- Assignments often require work to be performed at odd hours and/or extended shifts. Work schedules and hours change often. Working holidays and weekends is not uncommon. Work conditions are not always desirable
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of C++, Visual Basic, and/or Java programming languages
- Knowledge of software test tools such as ClearQuest