We are looking for Test Automation Engineer for our client in San Jose, CA
Job Title: Test Automation Engineer
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Empowered to test the quality of the deliverables and influence the delivery of quality products/features
- Automating test cases written and executed as part of new feature testing, and enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases.
- Working closely with the Development team to ensure that the code developed is testable - are the logs sufficient, should any test hooks be built into the code, is there enough debug information available in case of failure, etc.
- Analysing failures and determining root cause, filing defects in the Defect Tracking System and driving them to closure
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Programming experience for Test Automation with Python
- Automating test cases and execute as part of new feature testing and regression testing and enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases.
- Experience developing clean, maintainable automated tests for REST API and backend components. UI (selenium) nice to have.
- Experience with writing and debugging automation tests for complex enterprise software
- Experience in filesystems/object store / distributed systems / HCI is a plus
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM or XenSever.
- 3+ years of experience in QA and automationBachelor Degree in Computer Science or related stream