This individual is highly motivated and self-driven, with the passion to make a difference and achieve excellence in automation. He/She will work closely with developers and product managers in the Agile Scrum Team to evaluate, recommend and implement automation test tools, scripts and strategies to expedite testing cycles and improve overall testing quality at various levels of the code.
Located in downtown Toronto, this role is a technicalbridge of sorts, between the technical and non-technical members in theAgileScrum Team. As such, they will ensure testing is properly performed at the varying levels within anAgileTeam.
- Design and develop automated solutions that adhere to proper testing methodology, design and coding standards.
- Participate in the review of the acceptance criteria with Scrum Team and write test cases/scenarios in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) style using CucumberJS to develop automated test scripts.
- Facilitate the creation/maintenance of test data for the team.
- Write automation tests using Typescript for all test layers (unit, integration, system, end-to-end, REST API and UI) to ensure the test case coverage is meeting the stated goals.
- Communicate regularly to project teams on defects, issues and Quality status.
- 5+ years of test automation development experience.
- Experience in an Agile environment using Selenium
- Experience with BDD frameworks (CucumberJS)
- Understanding of different layers of testing according to Test Pyramid and different quality metrics applicable to each layer.
- Experience building and maintaining the test automation framework for different layers of testing
- Experience with Git, Jenkins and CI/CD
- Experience with ALM tools (e.g., Jira, and Confluence).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, and SMART, MoSCoW and INVEST principles.
- Understanding of MicroServices architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Test automation development experience using Protractor
- Experience in testing performance of websites built on MicroServices architecture.
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda and Kinesis
- Completed SAFe professional training and/or certification
- Experience working with teams located in geographically distributed locations.