As a 'Test Automation Engineer II' you will be an integral member of the AvidXchange software development team, testing best-in-class advancements to our products. This position is expected to analyze, requirements for AvidXchange's suite of products to design and develop automation scripts and to validate functionality. You will have the freedom to experiment with state of the art technologies.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with the development team including but not limited to Product Owner, Quality Engineers, Software Engineers, Development DBA and Scrum Master to Analyze the given business requirements, identify all possible scenarios
- Review the deploy requests and facilitate the deployment of APP Code/ DB Scripts in the test and other lower environments
- Validate the product features deeply by designing a test strategy, conduct Test Design and review with the team, and craft test data, conducting Manual Test Execution, prepare Test Automation Scripts, Add/Update Regression tests using the Test Framework, identify defects, log them in a Defect Management System and track to close them.
- Participate in all the Agile Ceremonies that contribute towards overall quality of the product, conduct demos and presentations, and perform peer to peer Code Reviews on the Test Automation check-ins by their Team
- Add/Update Regression tests and develop common Test Classes and Methods for reusability, and update the regression test suites to reduce the execution time
Areas of Impact:
- Product Quality and Profitability
Experience and Qualifications
You should have 2+ years of experience automating tests, and Bachelor's degree is required
You should have the following skills:
- Experience Automating Web Applications using Selenium WebDriver, testing including REST API and SOAP Postman, XML/SOAP, SoapUI, etc.
- OOPS using C# or Java, .NET, MVC – Visual Studio, TFS, Team City, GIT, Octopus
- Defect Management tools like Rally, Jira, ALM, etc.
- Preference: Agile (Scrum/Kanban), API Testing, Financial Industry experience
- Experience using SQL for test setup and validation
- Understanding of Testing lifecycle, Test Design methodologies, Test Execution, and Defect Tracking
- Excellent communication, problem solving aptitude and Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Strategic, analytical, and innovative thinking to address all aspects of custom software testing
- Adaptable to competing demands and be accountable
- Risk Management for sprint commitments and delivery
- Identification of the regression suites for a release