Test Automation Engineer
General Summary: This role will design, build and integrate a CI/DC pipeline using industry standard tools for code management and automated testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with team members to identify, architect, and implement test automation solutions.
- Engineer, execute, troubleshoot, monitor and report results of automated test scenarios.
- Evaluate technical requirements and identify automated test needs, scenarios, and test metrics.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to team members to improve overall automated testing.
- Mentor team in automated test best practices.
- Setup/create and manage test data.
- Interface with QA Manager, Project Managers, Product Owners and Software teams
- Apply QA engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle.
Education Requirement: Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
Experience Requirement: Minimum three (3) years of related experience.
Other Requirement(s): This position requires U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card holder and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance. For a candidate that is a Green Card holder, they must have lived in the United States for at least three out of the past five years prior to your application date. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
- 4+ years' experience designing and implementing automated test plans for a distributed system microservices environment.
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience automating UI and API (REST and SOAP) testing using each of the following: Selenium, TestNg, Postman and SOAPUI.
- Demonstrated intermediate+ knowledge and automated testing of REST and SOAP based web services APIs using Postman and SOAPUI. Strong understanding of and experience with JSON, XML, HTTP.
- Intermediate programming experience and expertise in Java
- Hands-on experience in automation scripting
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Independent self-starter capable of establishing priorities, managing time, meeting deadlines, and working well within a distributed team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities.
- Web / Cloud level testing experience.
- Proven data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience testing and automated testing of software applications and services
- Strong self-driven collaborator with ability to work in diverse teams as a contributing member.
- Strong understanding of software quality best practices and processes.
- Hands-on experience using Maven.
- Hands-on working knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services) core services.
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with Groovy
- Experience in architecting automation framework
- Hands-on experience with containerization technologies (Docker, K8S/Fargate).
- Basic to intermediate SQL working knowledge.
- Working experience in an Agile methodology
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Work performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and customers.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries. Must be able to remain in stationary position for extended periods of time. Stress can be triggered by multiple demands and deadlines.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned in accordance with business demands and/or contractual requirements.