- Formulate a test automation strategy for various types of testing requirements like product/custom application testing, testing for development/maintenance/migration, scrum/waterfall testing, testing for UI/DB/backend/ERP/APIs/microservices, regression/in-sprint/smoke tests etc.
- Evaluate and compare multiple tools by quantifiable metrics to satisfy customer requirements.
- Create test automation strategy and framework to support continuous integration and continuous delivery testing
- Design efficient Selenium based test automation frameworks considering the various process requirements that can be scaled up to support newer test requirements. Design systems integrating multiple tools to work together within committed timelines and milestones.
- Work with development, release and process teams to design an appropriate automation framework, workflow, integration and requirements
- Train new users in tools/ frameworks and in preparing training modules
- Good verbal, presentation skills, written communication and discussion skills.
Job Description of Automation Architect
- Plan and commit for testing milestones based on requirements, resource availability, skills, training needs, contingencies and constraints
- Estimate the effort and time required for the planned activities based on the capacity and constraints.
- Execute delivery commitments within agreed upon timelines, cost and quality. Take timely corrective actions after analysis whenever newer problems occur.
- Manage risks
- Mentor and motivate team members for better outcomes. Set appropriate goals, provide timely feedback to team members, build team spirit and enthusiasm.
- Responsible for recruitment for the project, on boarding, appraisals, ramp down, exit planning etc.
- Monitor, track and report metrics to the sponsors and other stakeholders. Communicate the issues, implement best practices based on lessons learnt.
- Reach out and work with external expert teams to resolve technical, tool and process issues. Work withsupport, finance and admin teams to resolve network, IT infrastructure, invoicing, facilities etc.
- Ensure team follows all agreed upon process and security requirements. Ensure zero non-compliance from the team.