The First Databank (FDB) Software Test Automation Analyst acts as tester and planner within the test team for software and other testing projects. Provides testing support for assigned projects to ensure products are free of defects before delivery to internal and external customers. Provides planning support and oversight for small project patches, hot fixes and ad hoc research projects. Develop extensive automated test suites to provide full test coverage of applications. Test efforts include analysis and validation of API/SDK/Web Applications and Services in the form of static reviews, unit, module, performance, load and integrated systems testing. Provides development, support and feedback to Test and Development Teams on testing projects, test tools and utilities. This position will be based out of the Indianapolis, IN office. Responsibilities:
- Provides test planning, development and execution as a team member or work autonomously within Agile teams to develop extensive automated test suites providing comprehensive coverage of applications, including, but not limited to API/SDK/Web Applications and Services in the form of static reviews, unit, module, performance, load and integrated systems testing.
- Creates and execute test cases, update defects, project tasks and reports for projects based on requirements, planning documents and ad hoc testing. Retests issues reported to verify defects are resolved.
- Collaborates with engineering teams to design, develop and deliver software products, including building automation tools and frameworks to solve difficult testing problems.
- Provides project and task estimate and status reports for individual tasks to Director of Test Services, Test Lead and project team members. Monitors project tasks timelines compared to project plan timelines, estimated hours and resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to creating work instructions and training materials.
- Well organized work habits with attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem solving, interpersonal and organization skills. Demonstrated understanding of source code for applications written in .Net, Java, or PHP, including debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills, and work well with cross-functional and matrixed teams in order to drive quality improvements.
- Associates Degree in MIS, CIS or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1+ years software development or 3+ years automated software testing experience, preferably with Visual Studio, REST/SOAP.
- Experience working with automated test tools, preferable Visual Studio, Selenium, writing SQL queries or Eclipse IDE.