Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL) is a $8 Billion company with 43,000 employees worldwide and approximately 3,500 athletic retail stores in 24 countries in North America, Europe and Australia under the brand names Eastbay, Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction, Champs Sports, SIX: 02, Runners Point and Sidestep. We attribute our success to the drive and intelligence of our Associates. Operating in team-driven culture, our goals and achievements as a company are boundless
Reporting to the Manager of Test Engineering, this person will be part of a team of Sr. SDETs, SDETs & functional testers driving the automation vision of the Test Engineering department.
This role will be working with test leads and scrum teams to continuously bridge gaps in automation, functional and testing infrastructure across teams and responsible for building processes to ensure high quality software releases. Responsible for construction of new framework and tools to help augment existing automation frameworks. Additionally, will be working closely with DevOps team to strategically include automated tests and testing infrastructure into DevOps pipeline. Activities will include working with the cloud team to maintain best practices, integrating continuous automated testing, the instantiation of automation scripts, and ensuring high quality software, and working with product teams to promote Test Engineering principles. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Contribute towards the future state of automation for Test Engineering dept. by closely collaborating with the testing team, a team comprising of Sr. SDETs, SDETs, functional testers and automation engineers.
- Perform gap analysis of current state of automation frameworks, functional testing process and testing infrastructure across products and strategizing future state of automation framework with a roadmap.
- Evangelize, strategize, introduce and implement automation frameworks to support integration, web service and GUI testing across Footlocker banners.
- Writing automated tests and test harnesses application and services under test.
- Writing and reviewing test strategies, test plans and test cases based on the agile stories and/or product requirements.
- Interact and collaborate directly with software developers, product managers, and business analysts to ensure proper development and quality of applications and products.
- Interact with SDETs, QA members and technical leaders to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective testing.
- Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions.
- Participate in efforts to share testing technologies and expertise within the company.
- Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET.
- 8+ years of experience in software testing.
- Experience in Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid and Cucumber.
- Strong Experience developing high quality automation frameworks.
- Strong Experience in BDD, TDD, Data driven and Hybrid automation frameworks.
- Strong Experience to programmatically test products; measure test coverage; develop best automation, profiling, and performance/load testing tools; and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product.
- Strong experienceworking with SDLC frameworks like: SCRUM, Kanban, Agile.
- Experience with automation, web deployment and engineering environment tools such as Jasmine, JIRA, Github/Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Experience in testing applications on Cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS) a plus.
- Experience working in distributed SOA environments including REST services.
- Experience in querying complex schemas and relational databases.
- Experience working in a within a DevOps model and continuous delivery model.