The Test and Engineering Manager serves as a subject matter expert providing testing leadership, direction and expertise in support of user requirements for complex to highly complex software/hardware endpoint security cyber applications and configurations. The ideal candidate directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware integration and/or development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design, and test tool selection.
The Test and Engineering Manager leads, defines, coordinates the management of the ESS GDIT hosted lab infrastructure including design, maintenance, and configuration and supporting documentation. The Test and Engineering Manager leads the definition and operational support execution of test operational concepts for the DISA ESS program office. This concept includes integration and use of multiple vendor and customer sponsored labs.
The Test and Engineer Manager is also responsible for the definition and repeatable execution of the bi-annual ePO SHB image update and release on schedule within budget based on user community DISA ESS program office timelines and expectations.
Candidate is responsible for ensuring that the test, engineering and image criteria, design, and documentation support all applicable customer, agency, or industry standards, timelines, and budgets. Verifies that testing and engineering conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results and informs stakeholders of status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
- Oversees test and reporting meeting or exceeding delivery timelines.
- Coordinates and assigns testing and engineering personnel to execute testing and engineering requirements in line with ESS product updates and schedules.
- Ensures briefing and status reporting of all testing and engineering work products based on weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverable timelines.
- Leading and overseeing testing operational concept and support model.
- Establishing repeatable infrastructure and lab maintenance procedures.
- Documenting lab configuration and maintenance.
- Developing, documenting and executing repeatable image management and release process. Meeting ePO SHB Image release requirements on schedule, within budget.
- Directs integration of test tools and procedures into DISA approved testing platform
- Ensures test environment is maintained to the DoD baseline for multiple Operating Systems used throughout the DoD
- Oversees the testing for the Secure Host Baseline, legacy HBSS, and new ESS components to ensure capabilities focus on DISA endpoint security goals
- Documents and resolves testing issues and challenges which delay successful implementation of ESS components
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies focusing on DISA goals and requirements for enterprise endpoint security
- Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements and expectations are met
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products
- Writes, implements, and reports status to DISA ESS PMO leadership on system test cases and results
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports to DISA ESS PMO government engineers and leadership
- Supports Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities as required to maintain program accreditation
- Manages diverse staff of test, system and cyber engineers and interfaces with test engineers in other Government or contractor test labs as required or necessary for successful completion of ESS test tasks
- Provides internal reporting on functional area deliverables and status
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Masters of Science Degree
- 10+ years of work related experience
- DoD 8570 IAT II certification or higher
- Familiarity and experience with HBSS administration and components
- Familiarity and experience supporting DISA
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple ongoing efforts
- Must be comfortable leading a highly technical staff and developing plans for cyber requirements and supporting infrastructure/testing components
- Experience designing and developing tests and test requirements for products, systems, software, and/or related components
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills