Summary of This Role
This role is client facing and focuses on Client UAT testing. It involves scripting and executing on behalf of our clients in the UATV region. Candidates must have a broad knowledge of client options across modules and some account level data conditioning experience. Macro or automation experience is preferred but not required.
Carry out procedures to ensure that all applications under test (AUT) meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. Thoroughly test software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Document and work to identify all problems to ensure resolution. Report progress on testing and problem resolution to appropriate parties.
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities
-Conducts online, batch and data verification testing and validates test results. Creates test designs and performs test analysis on complex project requirements as defined by the client. Coordinates with technical and business resources to identify and resolve complex issues or system defects discovered during testing and design .
-Analyzes requirements necessary to design complex testing strategies (testing objective, methods of testing new functions, total time and resources required for the project, and the testing environment) for clients. Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of structured test analysis and design. Understands the relationships between the various functional components of the system, and the business, technical and project requirements in order to determine the appropriate testing methodology to use during test execution.
-Works with stakeholders to develop test plans, conditions, and cases. Integrates best practices into test data conditioning and execution. Conditions accounts as required.
-Maintains Payment Card Industry (PCI) and security standards in testing activities.
-May act as a single point of contact for test activities. Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to clients.
Job Specific Skills & Competencies
-Skills / Knowledge – Has a wide range of card industry and TSYS Issuing experience and system knowledge.
-Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
-Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
-IBM Mainframe Systems - TSO, JHS, CICS
-Software Tools - HP Quality Center, IBM File Manager, Microsoft Office Suite, HP Quick Test Professional/Unified Functional Testing, SoapUI, Soap Sonar, HP Service Test, MS Visual Studio, HP Performance Center/Load Runner, Application Lifecycle Management Tools, Paragon Fast Test, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
What Part Will You Play?
- Conducts online, batch and data verification testing (checked for accuracy and inconsistencies after data migration is done) and validates test results. Creates test designs and performs test analysis on complex project requirements (as defined by the client). Coordinates with technical and business resources to identify and resolve complex issues or system defects discovered during the testing and design contingency plans as needed.
- Analyzes requirements necessary to design complex testing strategies (testing objective, methods of testing new functions, total time and resources required for the project, and the testing environment) for internal/external clients (i.e. technical and functional designs). Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and design (define user needs) as it relates to the test design. Recognizes the interrelationships between the various functional components of the system (i.e. collections, posting, authorizations) and the business, technical and project requirements in order to determine the appropriate testing methodology to use during test execution and validation. Performs risk analysis requirements for integrated testing (combined and tested as a group).
- Identifies and recommends design processes aimed at increased efficiency, performance and reliability (automation, load and performance). Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of automated testing tools used to create test designs and execute test plans.
- Works with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop more intricate test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing. Develops and administers best practices to perform test data conditioning and execution of test sets. Works with programming to create certain account conditions and execute special testing requirements for test validation. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the multiple environments by evaluating, interpreting and communicating an understanding of the various components of systems and applications to leadership.
- Compiles, develops and documents test/defect reports and follows all defects through to resolution and closure. Occasionally reviews documentation such as business and technical specifications in order to ensure that the documentation is updated and accurate.
- Maintains and administers procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance according to how they are applied in testing activities.
- Acts as a single point of contact for assigned moderately complex client projects with regard to test activities. Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to internal and external clients.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field; additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Relational databases, Bankcard industry knowledge and IBM Rational tools.
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Relational databases, Bankcard industry knowledge and IBM Rational tools
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certification