Job DescriptionAgilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As the FL Services Sales Specialist, you will be part of Agilent Technologies Life Science and Chemical Analysis (LSCA) service sales team reporting to the North America Services Sales Mgr. In this critical sales role you will utilize your expertise and technical knowledge of the Pharmaceutical and Chemical Analysis industry to manage accounts in the FL. As a direct sales representative, you will be expected to travel and sell service solutions both face to face and indirectly (phone, email, etc.) In addition you will be expected to proactively develop and implement a successful sales strategy to exceed quota and maintain customer loyalty. As an integral member of the North America Support Sales team, you will use your excellent sales track record to focus on maintaining and growing the existing contract base and also acquire new customers from the existing installed base of customers.
- Traveling and direct face to face selling to customers in assigned territory
- Representing Agilent LSCA to the customer in service sales-related activities
- Selling service contract solutions and programs to key decision makers (executives, department heads, and procurement) in assigned territory, industry, and accounts.
- Collaborating closely with Field Sales and Service Organization to develop and implement Account Plans for key and strategic accounts within territory.
- Collaborating closely with the Field Sales and Service Organizations, to develop and implement Territory Sales Plan and strategies to grow and defend the overall services business.
- Managing a business funnel and closing orders to achieve territory quota.
DurationNot applicableRegionAmericasTravel RequiredYes, 75% of the TimeSecondary LocationsRequirements
- BS/MS in Scientific, Engineering or Business discipline or equivalent.
- 3+ years hands on laboratory or industry experience with instrumentation hardware, software, applications coupled with industry regulatory requirements such as (GLP, GMP, FDA) highly desired
- 3+ years sales experience with a demonstrated track record of success in projects or sales at major accounts highly desired.
- Ability to translate the Value Proposition of service as a financial and operational benefit to meet customer needs.
- Strong business development, sales negotiating, and sales closing skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and teamwork skills.
- Outstanding presentation, planning and organizational skills
- High level knowledge of instrument support services business
- Computer literate with advanced skills using Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access) plus other IT systems.
- Able to interface comfortably at high levels within the customer management structure
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage large volumes of data.
- Must be available for up to 50% business travel