PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the sale of Williamson-Thermoflo products to identified representatives and wholesale distributors located within the sales territory, utilizing personal sales calls on distributor principles on a scheduled basis. Distributor principles include top management, sales management, purchasing management, and personnel in purchasing, inventory control, sales, warehouse, warranty/claims, accounts payable departments, and other customer functions having any involvement with the sale of Williamson-Thermoflo products.
- Interface with distributors’ heating contractor customers to promote the sale of Williamson-Thermoflo products. This interface can occur in a number of formats such as personal calls on contractors with and without distributor sales people, at distributor sponsored product shows, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Plan sales activities for the year with distributor customers. This planning to be completed during 1st Quarter of year. Plans to be written and reviewed periodically with distributor to ensure plan accomplishment.
- Resolve warranty claims and otherclaims relating to Williamson-Thermoflo products in a timely manner. Goal of claims resolution is to minimize cost to Williamson-Thermoflo while satisfying other parties involved.
- Participate in activities such as new product introductions, product presentations, and technical presentations relating to the installation and operation of Williamson-Thermoflo products. Participation to be in conjunction with, but not restricted to, distributor customers.
- Prepare and submit to Williamson-Thermoflo Sales Management any reports required relating to sales of Williamson-Thermoflo products.
- Work with independent manufacturer’s representatives to support the growth of Williamson-Thermoflo products in assigned geographic areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent required. College graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in HVAC, plumbing, or closely related industry
- Experience in delivering technical training
- Demonstrates technical understanding and knowledge of product features, functions, benefits, installation and application.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates or develops public speaking skills.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills-able to prioritize multiple activities at one time.
- Proficient in use of computer for job functions.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates ability to forge strong, positive business relationships with customer personnel.
- Demonstrates teamwork abilities and persistence when dealing with customers as well as internal departments.
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate and arrive at creative win/win solutions.
- Ability to be a self-starter with little supervision.
- Ability to understand the personality of each wholesaler and their business philosophy.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to understand and train on our products and their functions.
- Ability to negotiate and make decisions fairly to all parties involved
- Ability to work as a team and as an individual.
- Ability to understand how short-term decisions can affect long-term results.
- Ability to understand different territories and put to use the proper sales and marketing programs.