Req Id 55844
This is a Territory Sales Manager position with Weil-McLain, which is a division of The Marley-Wylain Company.
This position is responsible for territories including Minneapolis, North & South Dakota. It is preferred that candidates be based in or around the Minneapolis, MN area.
This position is responsible for the Sales, Service and Training of all Weil-McLain Channel partners and stakeholders. Territory Sales Managers (TSM) have the strategic responsibility to work with new and existing accounts to plan out annual activities and develop action plans and metrics for ensuring achievement of all performance targets. TSMs are the primary interface between the company and its ultimate customers, and as such, must constantly assess and communicate market conditions and competitive activity to the larger sales and product management organization. This intelligence is the foundation of effective forecasting and requires sustained effort and attention to detail.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- TSMs have sales accountability to achieve growth targets with regards to revenue; market share; unit sales goals; net revenue; and profitability. Achievement of maximum profit on sales is a necessary component of this position.
- Accountability to maintain a productive and effective relationship with channel partners agents and key stakeholders. Service accountability includes, but is not limited to; helping channel partners meet growth targets and communication of market intelligence between the factory and the field.
- Responsibility to coordinate the technical training of channel partners; agents, contractors, specifiers and other stakeholders. Training includes product orientation and technical service. TSM will directly deliver training on business processes (ie. Value Proposition). TSMs are responsible for business acumen training to agents.
- Promote the sale of Weil-McLain products to new and existing wholesale distributors and national accounts located within the sales territory utilizing personal sales calls on distributor principles on a scheduled basis. Distributor principles include top management, sales management, purchasing management, inventory control, sales, warehouse, warranty/claims, accounts payable departments, and other customer functions having any involvement with the sale of Weil-McLain products.
- Identify, aggressively pursue, and close the sale.
- Actively engage with new and existing distributors, contractors, specifiers, and end users to promote the sale of Weil-McLain products. This activity should include prospecting in a number of formats such as personal calls on contractors and/or end users with and without distributor sales people, at distributor sponsored product shows, meetings, seminars, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or technical degreerequired
- Minimum of 3 years of outside sales/account management experience, preferably in hydronics or related industry
- Experience selling through distributors and contractors
- Previous experience with CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics
- Demonstrates understanding of product features, functions, and benefits
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical aspects of product application, installation, and operation
- Affiliations with PHCC, AHRI, and/or ASHRAE a plus
- Knowledge of Franklin Covey’s 4 Disciplines of Execution a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates public speaking skills.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills-able to prioritize multiple activities at one time.
- Proficient in use of computer for job functions.
- Ability to manage channel conflict.
- Demonstrates ability to forge strong, positive business relationships with customer personnel.
- Demonstrates teamwork abilities and persistence when dealing with customers as well as company depts. Related to the selling function.
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate and arrive at creative win/win solutions
- Ability to be a self-starter with little supervision.
- Home office working environment
Extensive travel by automobile and airplane throughout the territory and to other Weil-McLain locations.
Weil-McLain, a division of The Marley-Wylain Company, is a leading North American designer and manufacturer of hydronic comfort heating systems for residential, commercial and institutional buildings since 1881. We have manufacturing facilities in Michigan City, Indiana and Eden, North Carolina, along with regional sales offices throughout the United States and an administrative office in Burr Ridge, Illinois. Building on a reputation of quality and innovation, we are committed to creating Simplified Solutions for our Complex World™.
Weil-McLain is a division of The Marley-Wylain Company, an indirect subsidiary of SPX Corporation, and is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.