This exciting role as a TERRITORY SALES MANAGER will be responsible for the planning, implementation and execution of activities associated with and in support of the growth of tankless, commercial and better grade tank water heating product sales in the U.S. The primary function is to promote and generate sales of tankless & commercial water heaters by representing Rheem’ s business to distributors, contractors, builders, engineers, and all those who specify tankless & commercial water heaters.
The positions will serve our Water Division, based in either Northern CA and/or Southern CA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop/execute annual tankless & commercial business plans for assigned area with detailed specific goals (i.e., units, market share, accounts growth, programs, etc). The annual business plan should include, but is not limited to, Region Sales Manager and Agent territory accounts.
- Formally report status of business plans on a monthly basis and support the quarterly reviews for SW Region.
- Actively develop and support Commercial National Accounts (Food Service and Hospitality industries) in an effort to secure new and replacement tankless & commercial tank type business.
- Coordinate and distribute (to Region Sales Managers/Agents) and follow-up on all tankless product sales leads obtained by the Marketing/Communications groups.
- Support tankless product training and account specific growth programs for our outside sales organization, stocking distributors, and key product specifiers.
- Assist the SW Region & product development, in acquiring product, product support materials and programming policies from the industry as required.
- Communicate Tankless related policies, strategies, and objectives as required to internal Region Sales Managers/Agents and customers.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer call/direct sales (preferably in plumbing related field)
- Experience with the residential/commercial distributionchannels
- Demonstrated knowledge of the tankless water heating, residential, and commercial product lines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in an independent manner
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to develop customer and area specific tankless & commercial water heating marketing growth plans
- Strong presentation skills (Ability to effectively develop and present to management professionals)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
- History of regular and consistent attendance at work
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Prefer experience in plumbing related field