The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is responsible for the retention and growth of currently assigned dealer accounts, municipalities, colleges and universities, regional fleets and government level customers; the addition of new dealer and end-user accounts in new market areas and key market areas; and direct sales to small and large fleet customers. The TSM captures revenue growth, enhanced profitability and increased customer loyalty and satisfaction for their assigned region.
We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium truck bodies with commercial upfit for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
• For every active Dealer within the regional area of responsibility, create and manage a Dealer Business Plan using the TRG template in order to establish clear and measurable growth goals for each account and to create a roadmap to meet or exceed sales and profit objectives
• Add new customers to the group portfolio not only in market areas where a RED Dealer doesn’t exist but also in key market areas that would be well served by more than one dealer
• Cultivate sales opportunities with regional fleets to generate profitable growth.
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of the competitive landscape, including product offerings, locations, marketing messages, services, etc. and communicate competitive, market and other appropriate information on a timely basis to the RED Sales Manager and other key leaders
• Generate ideas to improve internal and external processes to achieve higher performance in safety, quality, delivery, or cost for internal resources or the external customer
• Balance customer requests versus internal capabilities to ensure that unreasonable expectations for cost, lead-time, etc. are not promised to the customer
• Assist with service and warranty compliance after the sale
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, or extensive practical experience
• Minimum of three years of outside sales experience
• Computer skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral, written, presentation, interpersonal and telephone skills.
• Able to demonstrate the ability to manage an outside territory with little supervision
• Must possess outstanding time management skills
• Able to learn and retain product specific information to advise customers on product selections and requirements
PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS/ ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
• Extensive travel by car is required with some limited air travel.
• Work occurs primarily in the market place calling on customers however responsibilities may require time in the office or on the production floor
Requisition ID : 1161