Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers needs an outside sales professional to serve our customers as a Territory Sales Manager in the Northern Ontario Region, covering Thunder Bay to Manitoba Boarder including East of Thunder Bay to White River. This territory enjoys an established customer base as well as growth potential for someone with strong skills in forging new relationships.
The role of the Territory Sales Manager is to be a trusted advisor to our customers, offering end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used equipment, trucks and other assets.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Territory Manager will be an individual and regional team contributor for achieving the annual Gross Transactional Value (GTV) and Commission Revenue through pro-active prospecting and cold-calling of new customers within the assigned territory as well as strong account management of the existing customer base.
In this role you'll:
- Be responsible for selling all of the Ritchie Bros. multi-channel solutions within the assigned territory
- Source and grow sales with new business by building strong/lasting, personal, and professional relationships with customers; develop a strategy and plan for securing potential customers in the assigned territory
- Develop assigned territory by utilizing their Playbook and executing on your Core Activity & Behaviour Script (CABS):
- Building, maintaining and updating Playbook on a frequent basis,
- Identify geographies & sectors that are under-penetrated,
- Maintain an accurate pipeline within the CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Achieve quarterly and annual production and performance targets
- Prepare customized presentations using sales materials and systems for new and existing customers to achieve future business
- Support and develop new and existing relationships with customers to continue the sales growth by ensuring proper execution of sale through coordination with “Win Team” to fully service accounts including: sales support, operations, administrative, valuations, and field marketing
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Our Territory Sales Managers find success when they possess the following key competencies in these areas of expertise:
- Territory Management: Prospecting & Developing Business, Planning, Pipeline Management.
- Selling Skills: Call Preparation, Relationship Building, Building Rapport, Identifying Needs/Decision Maker, Identifying Needs/Listening, Delivering Value/Solutioning, Gaining Commitment/ “Setting the Table”, Gaining Commitment/Closing, Gaining Commitment/Negotiating
- Procedures & Processes: Delivering Value/Deal Presentation, Deal Management, Customer Service
- Equipment & Sector Knowledge: Heavy Equipment Knowledge, Maximizing Equipment Values, Market Knowledge.
Here’s what you bring:
- 5 to 10 years in a structured outside / field sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting / exceeding quotas
- The ability to travel 1 to 2 days per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week a few times per year to attend auctions and training
- Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license
- It helps if you have experience around construction equipment
- Strong communication skills, especially when it comes to listening.
- A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting
- Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation and closing skills.
- Relentlessly driven to seek new business. For you, time behind a desk is time lost
- Competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity to win business
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
This job will require you to
- Meet or exceed core sales activities, such as:
- 16 customer meetings per week,
- A total of 100 customer interactions beyond meetings per week,
- 100% Salesforce (CRM Tool) Compliance,
- 10 hours of documented professional sales training per quarter,
- Participation in 4 professional organization networking and prospecting events
- Attend 4 to 6 auction sales, 1 to 2 days each in duration within the region, where you'll meet with your customers and your colleagues
- Travel overnight approximately 5 to 7 days per month to cover the territory and 1 to 2 days prior to each auction sale
- Work primarily from a home office and on the road.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + uncapped performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and Employee Share Plan, both with company matching.
- Company car, laptop, smartphone, expense account.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.