Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager to focus on our pump solutions in the Western Region. In this role, the Territory Sales Manager will promote Pentair’s products & brands (Sta-Rite, Myers, Berkeley, and Fairbanks Nijhuis) by effectively utilizing marketing programs and leveraging field resources ( as well as distributor & end-user product trainings). This role is based out of the Sacramento, CA area – interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply immediately!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales goals for targeted product lines.
- Establish and develop key relationships with local communities of Well Drillers, Plumbers, Irrigation Specialists, Pump Installers, Distributors, and other key End-Users.
- Provide support to end-users on product training through educational seminars.
- Regularly call on end-users in the assigned territory in order to ultimately drive end-user conversions.
- Identify new sales opportunities and create value-added offerings in the Water Supply, Water Disposal, & Agriculture/ Irrigation segments.
- Regularly travel to attend events, meet with distributors & customers, etc. (up to 50% Overnight Travel is expected).
- Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Sales, Marketing, and/or Project Management.
- Proven background of historic sales success is highly preferred.
- Previous experience working with Pump solutions is highly preferred; experience working with other kinds of technical industrial equipment will also be considered.
- Experience working in an indirect sales model (e.g. Distributors, Channel Partners, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Experience presenting directly to a variety of commercial and industrial clients is ideal, preferably with at least one of the following types of customers: Agriculture / Farmers, Contractors, and/or Construction (Commercial & Residential).
- Desired Characteristics:
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, organize, plan, meet difficult deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, follow-up, and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) & CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Ability to make group presentations.
- High energy, self-starter, and goal-oriented disposition – we expect this person to be eager to meet and exceed goals & targets.
- Ability to manage own schedule and work as remotely in a productive manner.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.