As a Territory Sales Manager for Patterson Veterinary you are responsible for the maintenance and expansion of your assigned customer base within an assigned territory for veterinary supplies, products, & programs. This includes achieving annual sales, revenue, and gross profit goals within a specified territory throughout Southeast MN and Southwest WI.
- Regularly calls on veterinary offices, labs, and institutions within a defined sales territory to achieve budgeted sales volume and other established goals.
- Maintains and further develops established accounts, and develops new accounts to increase market penetration.
- Actively prospects, pursues, and closes equipment and technology sales in assigned territory.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing existing consumables base.
- Responsible for generating leads for technology offerings, exclusive products, and capital equipment.
- Prepare presentations and price quotes for customers.
- Must be able to meet forecasted goals.
- Promotes Patterson Vet marketing programs & demonstrates new products.
- Participates in and supports meetings and activities as requested by the Branch Manager, Region and/or General office.
- Performs other Territory Sales Manager duties as assigned.
Territory Sales Manager Minimum Qualifications:
Candidates must possess ONE or more of the following:
- A four year degree
- Three or more years of experience in business to business sales
- Three or more years of experience in the ANIMAL HEALTH/VETERINARY industry
Territory Sales Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior direct, retail, or telephone sales experience
- Knowledge of veterinary industry (or experience)
- PC skills required including knowledge of spreadsheets & word processing software
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Skillful negotiation and presentation abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills