The Territory Sales Manager is a dynamic sales professional with experience in B2B sales who understands the complexities of the independent insurance agency business. This person must be an enthusiastic team player who is driven to succeed and enjoys being coached to success. While prior insurance experience is preferred, we will consider individuals who have been successful in other B2B models who can help independent business owners grow. While this position is home based, it does require extensive automotive travel at least four days per week. This person will work under minimal supervision and is responsible for marketing National Lloyds products within an assigned territory/state. This person is the face of the company and will be responsible for growing his/her territory.
- Partners with independent agents to drive new business while improving retention and profitability.
- Develops a territory/state marketing plandesigned to drive the highest possible increase in net sales and conducts regular reviews with agents to monitor any variances. Develops plans to improve negative variances
- Trains and inspires individual producers and CSRs on the National Lloyds suite of products and systems required to quote and sell our policies.
- Uses Excel and PowerPoint to develop monthly routing schedules to maximize face time with agents while minimizing driving time.
- Sets their own agency appointments and completes weekly call reports designed to improve their overall production.
- Maintains current working knowledge of all new product offerings in territory or state.
- Can drive new agency appointment within assigned territory.
- Is comfortable having difficult conversation with non-producing agents. Keeps all agent records, files, and requirements for assigned territory or state, including current and terminated agents.
- Acts as liaison between National Lloyds and the agent when customer service issues arise.
- Manages/coordinates industrywide events/meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related degree.
- 2-5 years sales experience preferably in the insurance industry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, confidentiality, and customer service
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups
- Ability to easily adapt to new or different changing situations, requirements, or priorities
- Extensive automotive travelrequired