The Territory Manager role requires the ability to seek out and successfully close new business opportunities, manage and provide service to existing accounts and promote the Mueller Systems product portfolio to a multi-state territory:
- Develop strong relationships with end product users, distributors, and municipalities to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Provide full service to municipalities including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaint, inventory maintenance, and delivery issues.
- Perform product training for end users to promote advantages of Mueller Systems product and enhance specification position.
- Develop strong relationships with key distributors end user personnel to enhance product demand and seek opportunities for new business
- Establish sales goals and specification objectives to meet company sales budget.
- Identify significant bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
- Provide after sales support, including warranty and claims management.
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote Mueller Systems’ products
- Continuously update end users database for territory.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years outside sales experience with demonstrated success in seeking out and winning new business, exceeding goals and targets and 'hunting' for new opportunities.
- Previous work/sales experience in the Water, Electric or Gas Utilities or related field.
- Expertise in RF AMR/AMI Utility Meter reading systems both mobile and fixed network.
- Exceptional communication skills, able to effectively present complex information to non-technical audiences and highly technical client groups.
- Experience in using a Sales CRM