MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN BUILDING MATERIALS
Can live anywhere on Long Island or Queens
Job Description Territory Sales Manager - Long Island
Summary: As a Territory Sales Manager, you will be responsible for cultivating new business opportunities through extraordinary customer service and rapport building, as well as managing accounts. The ideal candidate for this position is highly motivated and has a commitment to professional development and learning. You will manage and grow a territory selling in a very competitive environment.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: including, but not limited to:Track and follow up on the leads the organization generates based on web marketing
- Develop and accomplish a region lead generation plan, meet or exceed monthly or annual targets.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Maintain and expand database of prospects within assigned territory
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Providing effective product demos to prospective clients.
- Attending sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts, reporting on market situation
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.
- Coordinating with customer service for status on orders from related plant departments in ensuring the delivery commitment to clients is met.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to other ideas
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Attendance- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes task on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position.
Requirements:To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or related field; At least 2 to 4 years of experience in sales team, customer service or marketing (sales and distribution). Building materials or constructionexperiencepreferred.
Language Skills:Must have a strong command for the English language; Posses the ability to read and comprehend simple to complex instructions; Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly so others can understand; Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Individual must have the ability to write correspondence appropriately that would be received by fellow employees and executive staff; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills:Ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem. Strong problem solving skills and technical abilities
Reading Ability:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written and oral instructions, Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals or professional journals.
Other Skills & Abilities:Ability to multi-task and be very detailed oriented; Strong Microsoft Windows skills such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook; Strong reporting and data management skills; Process-oriented, hands-on style with superior organizational skills; Must communicate effectively both orally and in writing; Strong customer service approach to all customer issues; Partner with Team members in order to improve efficiencies and make those recommendations on streamlining processes; Excellent communicator-must consolidate and regularly present (written and oral) sales data recommendations in impactful way to senior management; Strong team player and ensure commitment to company values.
Physical Demands: Must be willing and able to travel extensively.