Working within the context of a team, to create and support the incremental sales growth and product placement with builders and contractors, and to align the channel on our 3 (Siding, EWP and VAOSB) specialty product lines to meet the growth objectives of his/her territory.
- Create sales growth and demand for LP Specialty building products at the builder/contractor and dealer level and align the channel to pull through sales for LP distribution customers. Average annual sales territory budget is $10M
- Work with owners, General Contractors, Builders, framing contractors, sales managers and building code officials
- Prospect for new customers and negotiate through a complex sales process to align the channel and to execute against the Market Development elements of the “Market Back Plan.” Annual growth targets to exceed $1M in revenue.
- Partner within LP’s National Account Managers, District Sales Managers, and Channel Managers to meet common sales growth targets.
- Provide installation expertise and warranty information to builders and dealers.
- Increase and implement LP product placement with the top 25 builders in the major MSA’s within their territory.
- Establish relationships with the top installation contractors and with the building inspectors involved in specific markets/regions.
- Develop solid working knowledge of builder pricing as well as installation cost.
- Conduct product knowledge and product installation seminars for builders and contractors.
- Assist the marketing team on our builder value proposition.
- Maintain the Builder Rewards program with the area builders.
- Participate in trade shows.
- Gather field intelligence, as well as maintain customer information within relevant LP systems (WFS & MMC) to ensure open and accurate communication lines to the marketplace.
- Create local value proposition working with the marketing department for each product line to provide best in class sales support to builders and contractors.
- Represent the company in a professional manner consistent with LP’s “Sales Process”
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- High level knowledge of local building codes, practices and market intelligence.
- Deep understanding on building science
- Excellent business relationship with regional and local builders.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work with their hands, speak the language of the trades to demonstrate and teach real world product applications to builders and contractors
- Computer proficiency, including an excellent knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Experience working with multiple supply chain channels.
- Thorough knowledge of LP Specialty Products and their intended use and installation.
- Ability to work in a team and facilitate a results-oriented business plan.
- Excellent analytical ability to identify market opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of construction/building practices.
- Proven builder sales history.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a number of product categories and market initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- 4-6 years of outside sales experience, with a history of cold calling and new customer development.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.