The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for selling business product lines / systems and generating new growth and profitability within a specified geographical territory or specific assigned markets and meeting the required sales plan. They will also be responsible for leading and developing sales representatives in the Territory.
This person can be based in in the 5 Boroughs, Long Island or Hudson Valley area.
- Support the business in both maintenance of existing accounts and generation of new growth accounts in specified sales territory/markets
- Lead and Develop a team of Sales Reps in specific Territory.
- Develop and drive a sales strategy for a particular territory/market; conduct market research analysis
- Develop sales forecasts by product line, markets and major customers.
- Implement marketing programs to achieve sales and market share objectives
- Monitor and make recommendations concerning market needs, changes in competitive policies and strategies, channels of distribution, advertising and promotion, pricing and sales activity; prepare and issue reports as required
- Make direct customer calls on contractors/distributors/retailers to develop and increase sales through these channels; formulate job bids and negotiate contracts
- Drive product/systems sales to support established price strategies and minimize price deviations
- Assure legal compliance in the selling of all products/systems with applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Manage customer needs through product development processes
- Provide technical assistance and information to customers including project submittals and budget estimates
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Manage customer dissatisfaction and specific complaints fairly, promptly and effectively; recommend and if necessary develop and conduct training programs for customers
Requirements: (education, skills and abilities)
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years sales experience:
- Product knowledge and product set-up process experience preferred
- Knowledge of the building industry, including technical knowledge of products/systems
- Sales ability to introduce new products/systems
- Ability to read blue prints and architectural drawings
- Knowledge of competitor product lines and price levels
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships
- Ability to negotiate complex situations.
- Problem resolution skills
- Experience in third party (e.g. distributor) sales and working with architects and contractors to specify products
- Ability to analyze and evaluate product lines, markets, and customers
- Ability to analyze and evaluate marketing programs and sales strategies
- Ability to estimate and monitor expenses for budgeting and territory/market operations
- Ability to analyze customer credit information
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to drive a vehicle for long periods of time and carry a valid driver's license
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Heavy travel required (30 or more days per year)
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds
- Primary work environment is typically in the field at a customer's facility or on a job site; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.