Job ID: 117362
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is primarily responsible for leading a team of Sales Managers (SM) and commissioned Sales Consultants (SC) to go into the homes of Home Depot customers and successfully close the sales of HDI’s product lines. The TSM will act as the single point of contact for regional leaders in the retail business for all of HDI, including SCN. The TSM drives store connectivity by building and maintaining relationships with regional leadership and setting expectations withSMs for connectivity with district leaders, store management and associates, and continually updating/training them on HDI’s product offerings. The TSM is also responsible for leading the Branch Market Managers (BMM) and In-Store Promoters (ISP) in executing the lead generation program by driving lead generation efforts in the stores and through self-generated leads for the sales team.
The TSM is responsible for meeting and exceeding performance standards and financial metrics as it relates to sales performance including sales vs. plan, VOC, target operating margin, timely completion of jobs, customer service, accuracy and profitability, as well as P&L responsibility. The TSM works in close partnership with the Installation Managers to move all jobs through the sales process and drive customer service. The TSM is responsible for the customer experience and ensuring the sales team delivers excellent customer service.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- 30% – Manage team of SMs who directly supervise SCs. Responsible for hiring, training, coaching/mentoring, performance management and accountability of SMs and their respective team of SCs.
- 30% – Lead BMMs and ISPs in driving lead generation and store connectivity by building and maintaining relationships with store management and associates, and continuously updating/training them on HDI’s product offerings. Own lead quality improvement with store associates, vendors, BMMs, ISPs and SC self-generated leads.
- 30%-Responsible for meeting/exceeding POS sales vs. plan and LY, net sales and margin.
- 10%-Responsible for setting the standard for customer service, owning the
- customer experience and resolving escalated customer issues.
Nature and Scope
- Position reports to Division Director.
- Number of Direct reports 5+
Environmental Job Requirements
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Travel – Typically requires overnight travel 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Education Required – The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience – 8 years experience
Physical Job Requirements – Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward. This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management has the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Construction/home improvement industry experience.
- Prior experience leading a commissioned sales force.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Collaborative leadership skills where strong value is placed on partnership