Are you prospecting for your next great career win? If yes, Fluke has an outstanding opportunity for a highly driven and successful field sales engineer for the West Region. We are currently looking for someone with proven experience in working with end-users, application experience, and is process and sales oriented - demonstrated by developing relationships with technical organizations, proactively setting and meeting stretch goals. In this role, you will use your deep technical expertise to support key sales efforts and end-users. You may also be responsible for the management of manufacturing representative agencies and support of the distribution channel’s sales efforts.
- Actively promotes products and solutions and achieves sales quota by building rapport with end-user customers, selling to and supporting their needs. Identifies needs by phone and in person and performs demos during end-user customer visits.
- Proactively expands product portfolio sales at existing and potential end-user customers.
- Directly manages and drives the activities and performance of assigned representative agencies.
- Provides technical and product expertise to Sales Representatives, Distribution Account Managers, and assigned representative agencies.
- Actively maintains technical and product expertise in order to sustain effectiveness as an overlay product specialist, understands product application in a variety of situations, and employs comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and industry standards.
- Collaborates with marketing and product development to obtain and use VOC.
- Collaborates with other sales and marketing team members to prepare responses to proposals, produce demos, training, and address end-user customer requirements.
- Effectively uses company resources, customer relationship management system, and collaborates with marketing, engineering and others to secure orders, renew orders, cross-sell with other company sales associates, or sell warranty or service programs.
• Entertain distributors and end users (within company guidelines) in order to help build lasting relationships.
• Maintains records and develops reports to track area activity.
• Provides monthly larger order forecasts to assigned manager.
- BS or equivalent four year degree preferred, specifically within an engineering field or a closely related technical focus strongly preferred. MBA is a plus.
- 5 years related technical engineering, working with end-users, driving sales actions and leads, and experience in an industrial, automation or similar technical industry or any combination of the above.
- Strong technical expertise and experience working with and selling a technical product.
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels (C level, directors, individuals)
- Experience managing and working with reps and distributors strongly preferred.
- Operate independently under predetermined goals and a proven ability to work in fast-paced changing environment, requiring creativity and independent judgment.