DNV GL Business Assurance North America is headquartered in Katy, TX just outside of Houston. Our sales team is assigned to various regions across the US and centrally supported from our Katy office. We sell management system, supply chain, sustainability, and food safety certification services to clients of all sizes across multiple industries.
DNV GL Business Assurance is seeking to fill the role of Western Territory Sales Manager.- Food and Beverage. This is a remote position and can be home based from anywhere in The Western Territory.
The Western Territory Sales Manager - Food and Beverage is responsible for ensuring that sales targets are achieved by developing contacts and approaching new potential strategic markets and promoting pertinent DNV GL Business Assurance products/services as per the established sales & marketing strategy, tactical plan and marketing plan.
Tasks May Include
- Develop sales plans and forecasts for the territory, analyzing the local market’s needs and expectations, providing input regarding the definition and consequent implementation of an adequate marketing strategy and ensure that the marketing activities are implemented
- Ensure that the sales actions are carried out by developing contacts and approaching new potential strategic markets and promoting DNV GL services as per established market strategy and goals
- At all times, ensure sales targets are achieved
- Prepared and provided activity measurement reports for contacts, sales calls, follow ups, quotes, etc. on a defined frequency
- Ensure DNV GL Business Assurance visibility within internal and external clients and customers, managing customer relationship to improve retention, handling and monitoring customer feedbacks and complains
- Create, promote and foster a working environment whereby all sales personnel participate in the improvement of sales processes for the District
- Assess, on a continual basis, the financial results of the activity and provide input regarding price policy for the activities within the District
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of North America Sales
- Travel extensively in the territory for sales meetings
- Bachelordegree or higher or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+years direct salesexperience
- Experience in Quality Management Systems - Required
- Demonstrated sales success in Food Safety Management Systems - preferred
- Experience selling into the Food and Beverage Industries – Preferred
- Knowledge of and/or experience with GFSI and HACCP standards, and Training Sales – Preferred
- Knowledge / experience with CRM system, such as Salesforce.com Preferred
- Demonstrable customer service and presentation skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening.