Territory Sales Manager (Direct Sales)
5 - 7 years experience • Audio / Video
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory while working with the assigned inside sales representative; The Territory Sales Manager develops and implements agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. The Territory Sales Managerworks within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
This is a direct sales/individual contributor role.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Must reside within the assigned territory
- Four Year College Degree is preferred
- Four (4) years"direct" technical sales experience is highly desired
- Experience with contact management software is a plus; willingness to learn is required
- Strong organization/time management skills, with an ability to cope with a fluctuating workload are required
- Strong analytical and judgment skills are required
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and varied job tasks in a fast paced environment is required
- Strong Negotiation and Relationship Building skills are required
- Incredible attention to detail, to ensure accurate use of internal systems and processing of information is required
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal communication and presentation skills) are required
- General understanding of Microsoft Products and computer skills are required
- Ability to work in a teaming arrangement with shared goals is required
- Understanding of public safety budgeting process and sales cycles is highly desired
- Ability to execute web based marketing programs is required
- Motivation for sales and performance management is required
- Must be a “results driven” person
- Proven ability to close sales and overcome customer objections are required
- Proven ability to meet sales goals is required
- Strong record keeping with timely follow-up and reporting is required
- Ability to travel (75%) is required
** Due to the nature of our business with Public Safety and Law Enforcement, Criminal Background Checks will be performed, in addition to basic Credit checks and drug test, to determine eligibility for Employment.
- Maintains and expands customer base; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Planning and implementing a competitive strategy to bring about a substantial growth in the assigned territory
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge that allows the RSM to give effective presentations.
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and othertrade factors.
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.