KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
The Territory Sales Manager will manage assigned territory to meet and exceed sales goals. Maintain, build, and create relationships with existing dealer partners, network contacts and end users within territory. Ensure new and repeat business through sourcing and building upon existing accounts. Provide daily as well as strategic direction for sales activities for assigned territory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve and exceed sales quotas within assigned territory
- Drive increased effectiveness and efficiency through value selling and Voice of Customer initiatives to ensure a customer centric organization.
- Assess and manage sales funnel to drive quota achievement and planning accuracy.
- Develop and drive performance objectives, KPIs and countermeasures to ensure achievement of sales goals in assigned territory.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with sales channel through regular participation in events, travel to customers, sales ride-alongs, generating leads through outside networking, etc.
Personal Motivators by importance:
- Individualistic – value personal recognition, freedom, and control over their own destiny
- Utilitarian – value practical accomplishments, results and rewards for their investments of time, resources, and energy
- Theoretical – value of knowledge for knowledge’s sake, continuing education and intellectual growth.
Most Important Personal Behaviors/Characteristics:
- Ability to Relate to others – Outgoing, people oriented, enthusiastic, optimistic
- Directive – Take charge person, confident, competitive, straight-forward,
Qualifications: The Territory Sales Manager must have exceptional sales & product marketing skills. The role requires someone skilled at conceptual selling with expert project management capabilities. The Territory Sales Manager must be very customer/end-user focused and have strong interpersonal communications skills. This role requires advanced knowledge of products, so the Territory Sales Manager will need to be a quick study who can rapidly adapt to Danaher’s culture and gain the confidence of the Danaher organization. The Territory Sales Manager must have a hunter mentality to find new business outside of the distributor channels, but have the ability to balance the distributor relationships.
A qualified candidate will have high energy and will be an independent worker, capable of operating in a fast-moving, ever changing environment. This role requires an enthusiastic and ambitious person that will aggressively pursue the Company’s sales quotas.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 years of indirect/distributions sales experience
- Experience in a conceptual selling environment with long selling cycles of high-priced items e.g. capital equipment, enterprise sales, software/IT sales, national accounts, etc.)
- Dental Industry Sales Experience
Other Competencies Required:
- Sales skills- must possess and demonstrate high level sales skills when selling to both dealer, network resources and end user customers.
- Teamwork – must be willing and able to work closely with other Danaher brand TSMs in assigned territory
- Ability to influence others – must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to action on key initiatives
- Results orientation – must deliver results
- Commercial excellence – must possess the technical skills necessary to grow market share
- Communication—must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms
- Global Thinking – ability to understand different cultures and market needs
- Strategic Thinking- ability to make decisions with consideration of business impact
- Project Management – ability to manage complex and lengthy sales cycle
- Territory Sales Manager reports to Senior Regional Sales Director or Regional Sales Manager
- No Direct Reports
- Territory Sales Manager frequently interacts with Sales Team, Sales Leadership, Marketing Team, Product Managers, Customer Care Team, and other employees across the business
- Frequent interaction with dealers, vendors, customers, and end-users of dental equipment
Job ID: KAV003821